Thursday 31 December 2009

Let your creative soul fly in the New Year (Theme Thursday Flying)




Playing around with paint and foil on this page. The foil has come out distressed looking as I put the foil down using a glue stick. I have tried foiling with double sided tape and it gives a clearer image but it all depends on what result you want. Shona Cole has got a good article on foiling so check out her blog. I tidied the conservatory today which is where all my and my kids craft stuff is .so it looks a lot better and am now ready to go in there rather than climb over an obstacle course...its a pity its very cold in there at the moment. Hope you all have a nice New Years Eve..at midnight there are usually loads of fireworks surrounding us and if we listen carefully we can sometimes hear the boats horns on the Mersey which is about 7 miles from where we live.

14 comments:

K said...

great saying! love your work!

Cuchy said...

What a fantastic background. Love your piece of art. Happy new year

Christine said...

This is beautiful! Best wishes for a happy 2010!

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful work with lovely results- I have never tried foiling- thank you for the link! Happy New Year to you!

VS said...

I plan to spread my creative wings & fly into 2010...thanks for the lovely sentiment!!! Happy New Year! :)

Rhonda said...

Fabulous Mona collage! Happy 2010 - cheers!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is incredible.
Fantastic structure. Love them.

Happy New Year.

Shona Cole said...

I like that look too, I guess the Stick2's make the foil more contained than the glue. Interesting. thanks for sharing and linking :)

shona

Claudine said...

its fantastic

Sid said...

Lovely pieces and a Happy New year to you and your Lorraine. Thanks for all your support over the past 12 months.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful collage. Happy New Year to you.

Faye said...

Lorraine, both are fabulous! Using foil is fun. I had forgotten about the foil tape. It's great to do dry embossing on. I'll have to try some of your creative ideas too. Have a safe, happy, healthy, and art-filled 2010.

Trudy said...

How fun. Love it.

Happy New Year.

Amy said...

beautiful mona and dreams...lovely collage colors