Saturday 2 April 2011

Published again!! Haute Handbags Spring issue


I am absolutely delighted as I have had an article published in the spring issue of Haute Handbags an American mixed media art publication.


I made a poetry tote inspired by a workshop in the Artistic Mother book by Shona Cole. The editor of Haute Handbags Beth Livesay contacted me to say that Stampington would love to publish it! To see my work in print is fantastic and they have called my article "Remembering Wordsworth" as it features a photo of my baby sons sitting in the back garden amongst the daffodils of Wordsworth's house in the Lake District. I made this bag using some of my hand dyed material with various stitching and transfer techniques..be sure to look out for my article on pages 86 onwards if you see the magazine near you! Click here to visit the Stampington site where you can see the magazine.

24 comments:

Pat Beaumont said...

Congratulations Lorraine - it's a great bag

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS,Lorraine! I am soooo excited for you!

Sarah said...

Woohoo! Well done you!!!

Diane said...

How Beautiful!! Congratulations to you!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lorraine. Great bag. You are right up there with the hip and cool in that mag. So exciting. xox Corrine

Mary said...

How wonderful Lorraine it looks like a great bag.

Numinosity said...

That's great, published! Congratulations, Lorraine.
xoxo Kim

Janet Ghio said...

Congratulations Lorraine!! I will have to take a look at this magazine next time I am at Barnes and Noble!!

Art From The heart said...

Love the bag and congrats too !
Hugs, Amy

Lynn Stevens said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO A BIG CONGRTULATIONS Lorraine. your bag is wonderful. No doubt we will be seeing more of your srt published in the future!
hugs Lynn

Lisa Fulmer said...

congrats - you rock!!!

Katie said...

congrats! That is so exciting! and the bag is adorable. (It's my dream to be published this year. fingers crossed!)

Andy Skinner said...

huge congratulations to you Lorraine! Great bag

Luna Art said...

Congratulations Lorraine, so pleased for you! Looks like a stunning bag, but then again I love everything you make!!! x

LME said...

Sorry I missed you yesterday thank you for the pink bits especially the flowers :)

Have a great Mother's day.

Tiffany said...

BRAVO, MY FRIEND!
Love,
Tiffany

Sid said...

Congratulations are in order Lorraine.....and you deserve it !!

Oxana said...

Congratulations, my dear Lorraine!!!
Hugs
Oxana

Gaby Bee said...

Congrats on being published! It looks like a great bag!

Happy Spring!
Gaby xo

Martina said...

Great! Congrats on your publication. Awesome! Love your work. It's always very surprising and unique!

Linda Vincent said...

I am so happy for you Lorraine,your bag is fabulous..... and so unique!
Congratulations ☺

Loulabelle said...

Fantastic bag!

Louise Pallister said...

Lorraine, well done, it looks fantastic. You must put a pdf of your article up when you get a copy. It's a great endorsement of your talent.

Out of Sight L said...

You must feel on top of the world I don't know if they publish this in Quebec, but I'm sure going to look out for it!!!!Atta Girl! Impressive