Wednesday 18 June 2008

Paper casts from rubber stamps




I saw on the GPP site recently a challenge to make paper casts (link to the right). Its great fun with toilet rolls!! You put thin layers of toilet roll onto your rubber stamps etc then load a paintbrush with water and push the paper into the stamps. You need to do about 5 or 6 layers then leave them to dry thoroughly. Dry brush acrylic paint over them and voila! something out of nothing!! I took them along to a craft group I attend and we all had a go at making them.

2 comments:

michelle ward said...

Lorraine - these casts are terrific! Thanks for sharing them with the team. We always like to see artists take on a challenge. I posted your link with (C20) to indicate you are antering the previous crusade. Fun that you shared this simple new trick with your craft group. Maybe you'll take on some of the other crusades now? You are on a roll (toilet paper pun intended *grin)

Kim Mailhot said...

These turned out so well ! You got great detail. You have a real live craft group ? How fun ! Most of my sharing is done on line but I am working to change that !
Cheers, fellow Crusader!
Kim