Saturday 9 August 2008

Layers for A-Z journal on Alternative


I am part of the Alternative group and we are doing an A-Z journal at the moment. However all my pages are different sizes so not sure if I will ever combine them into a journal!! This page is L for Layering and as you can probably tell the more layers the better in my work as I really love art where you dont see everything at once. I suppose this is the reason why I really love Salvador Dali as everytime I look at his paintings I see something different. My 4x4 page has various papers and corrugated cardboard as a background with an emptied used teabag stamped with a gothic lost coast image. I have also included an arty girlz image printed on canvas and a butterfly. This is then covered with a stamped acetate with the words altered art and everything is held together with a brad on a flower. I decided to make this the cover of my experiments with fabric and acetate. I put it all together with my bind it all machine.

No comments: