Tuesday 7 October 2008

Trish Bees Art Buzz altered board book challenge





Check out this great site if you want to try new ideas or remember stuff you have forgotten about. I wanted this book to reflect what I think about art and the creative process. The first two pages use various paint and gesso techniques. The words on the flower page read "to live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong". Page 3 has copper embossing which I havent done for ages and painted crepe bandages!! with an embossed foam heart and the words "always put some heart and soul into your art". Page 4 uses glue and paint for texture and another shaped stamped foam piece with the words "art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life". I love stamping into heated foam then rubbing in gold ink etc as I think it looks really good for such a simple technique that I hadnt done for a long time and completely forgotten about!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wow what a great book with brilliant texture backgrounds. I can say again: Wow wow wow wow.