Wednesday 12 November 2008

Sun & Moon batik cushion



I painted a cushion cover this morning in craft group. One side is a sun and the other a moon. I think the moon is influenced by when I used to like the band Gong! It looks great in my conservatory/craft room and all my sons love it especially my 3yr old! We also made some paper beads which I also covered with fibres and some wax. Everyone else's beads were lovely and neat compared to my grungy beads!! but that's my nature and I liked them!! I have put them on a jute bag which I am putting rag rugging on. I have left it in the car and do a little bit every now and then whilst I am on the school run. Rag rugging is very time consuming but I quite like the effect. I dont think I have the patience to do a whole rug though and admire those who do.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

looking grand! never done are batik yet

Sarah said...

love the cushion

and I used to LOVE Gong! and Here & Now.

Flying Teapots everywhere :)

Sandy said...

Wow these are fabulous.
Gorgeous work.