Sunday, 17 May 2009

rag rugging canvas page


I wanted to combine rag rugging with stamping on this page. I have stamped my favourite Lost Coast image of a happy couple!! Recently I bought a rag rugging tool so I have used little scraps of material to make a frame. I have added some embroidery and the words "they led such a passionate life". Does anyone know where the image for this stamp came from..is it a famous painting as I have seen it on the tv programme Desperate Housewives in the title.

7 comments:

Melissa Haren said...

I LOVE this page! Thanks for the laugh!

Sandy said...

Wow this is brilliant. I love it.

lisa said...

it's called "american gothic" - classic!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gothic

Flippinpest said...

The rag rug brought back memories of childhood. I used to lie on one in front of an open fire. Of course it was a way of using up clothes which were beyond repair. It was great to see the fabric of an old favourite dress.
Thios is a really inventive way to incorporate the rag rugging with something and create an original

Sarah said...

I think the artist was Grant Wood

def called American Gothic

love the page with the rag border, looks great

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

Angelnorth said...

You've been busy! Love the Leandra beads and this rag rugging combined with stamping looks fabulous! I knew the name of the painting but you've got that info already :o)