Wednesday 15 July 2009

Adventures in knitting & felting


I have nearly finished knitting a bag. The pure wool is in gorgeous shades of blue and purple and I am going to knit a flower to go on the front after I have finished the strap. This bag is quite large and I am going to put it in the washing machine to felt it. I havent done this before and am a bit apprehensive but it should shrink to two thirds the size if all goes to plan!! I hope it works and doesnt end up a mushy mess.....to be contd!

3 comments:

SUE said...

Oh my word Lorraine ... I have just acquired a Noni Felt Bag knitting pattern and some lovely wool. Never done anything like putting pure wool in the washing machine at 60 degrees - lol - and with jeans and tennis balls !!!! I'm making mine Friday night but might wait to see how yours comes out .....

3rdEyeMuse said...

fingers crossed for you - those colors are really great!

Minxy said...

Oh rather you than me, but well done, i'm sure it will be fab once its finished :O)