Tuesday 16 February 2010

At last I have learned how to do granny squares!!!


It has taken me ages to learn how to crochet granny squares but at last I think I have cracked it!!! So many have tried to teach me but I just seemed to have a block getting myself into knots!!! I was watching my friend Pat at the weekend and I thought I would have another go before giving up!! I found a superb video tutorial on you tube which is excellent as the man who crochets called Mikeyssmail goes really slowly and makes the square in stages so you can follow what he does. Here are 3 squares that I am at last happy with..so the moral of this post is dont give up!!! You can see that they are on top of my notebook with all the instructions to myself..my mantra now is 3,2,3 .... My sons are on half term this week so not much time for crafting as taking them to a lot of free sports sessions this week at the local leisure centre but having a bit of time of a night to make these...

2 comments:

Sid said...

Glad you managed the squares at last. I have done about 4 whole bedspreads in the past !

Crissi Harvey said...

fantastic they look great lorraine.
i subbed to the art of crochet mag back in jan still waiting for it to turn up think its up to book 6 now so getting fed up waiting for it to arrive (hoping it will teach me to crochet not holding out much hope though LOL)