Sunday 12 September 2010

chester rhinos



wild rhino near the roman gardens



walking along the walls with view of Wales in the distance

we had a lovely day out today and visited chester..we walked the whole length of the city walls and saw lots of rhinos all painted in a variety of colours...today was the last day that they are on view before being autioned off for charity. It was such a lovely warm day and we had a great time feeding the ducks and swans. I really liked looking at the old sandstone roman walls with all their textures and rusty colours. I am hoping to create something rusty for the alter it monthly challenge this week so it was good inspiration. My sons made some pot pourri "tussi mussi" full of rose, lavender and dried rosemary and climbed to the top of several towers. I had forgotten what a lovely place chester is but as I sat by the river dee today I remembered rowing a boat with my dad as a child and nearly colliding with one of the steamboats! hope you have had a good weekend..do share what you have been up to!

5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Rhinos--This must be like something we did in the states--in Missouri, it was horses.

Anonymous said...

Lovely walk by the river. I just love public art like the rhinos....something unexpected is always a surprise. xox Corrine

jacqueline said...

Such a lovely day! I've been spending my weekend in my little studio sewing away. :) I love the entry you submitted for Inspiration Avenue challenge ~ Simplicity. Your work is gorgeous! have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Lynn Stevens said...

the rhino cracked me up. looks like they couldn't make up their mind what kind of animal it is! LOL

Unknown said...

I love that rhino! I forgot to tell you that last year our little apple tree had three apples and this year it is loaded down with them.....probably close to fifty......maybe next year you will be making lots of pies.....