Wednesday 10 November 2010

Celebrating Me! (willowing week 3)






Over at the Willowing art course for week 3 we had to design a cover for our book and also do a celebrate page of all things we like about ourselves..I found this difficult as I am not a boasting type of person! For the cover I found a photo of me taken last year and have altered it with distressing and paints. The tag and the gold word karma are from tags off a teapot cover I bought. I think the words "Time is the key" are so important as we all need time in our busy lifes to reconnect with our creative self. I have used an old toy wheel for the circle stamps. The celebrate page has various pictures that I am proud to celebrate and is surrounded by painted tissue paper with copper powder added for a grungy look to celebrate grunge too.

10 comments:

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Love the look you've achieved :)

Joanna said...

Lorraine, these are both brilliant!! I love the upbeat message in both of them. I'm lovin' all that grunge!!

I haven't embarked on week 3 yet, but I'm really looking forward to it having seen what you've created.

Fantastic stuff.

xx

Terry said...

Lorraine, I love what you did with the photo of you on the cover page! This is just so cool and interesting!

Janet Ghio said...

Love your book cover! It looks great-darling photo of you!

Trudy said...

Love your book. You are very accomplished and are blessed with a wonderful family

Lori said...

Very nice photo of you on the cover, and I really love the effect. The pages are fantastic, as well, job well done! I really love it!

Sandy said...

Wow this is unbelievable.
Stunning design and your work rock.

Luna Art said...

Love the photo of you on the front cover and the way you have cut it out. Your celebration page is great, love the grungy effect, my tissue didn't really show up! Great colours especially using the copper.

Sid said...

Fab book cover !

Linda Vincent said...

Fantastic...I especially like that cover. Great work Lorraine!