Saturday 15 January 2011

The Erosion Bundle Project 2011



my erosion bundle hanging outside my greenhouse

contents of the bundle ivy leaves, copper, rust etc

bought this sign this morning..made me laugh

I remember seeing lots of odd bundles on people blogs last year and was intrigued by the erosion bundle project. I was doing the gardening today planting a red gooseberry bush and blackberry cane at the back of the veg plot and was pleased with myself as I tidied away all the dead plants in the greenhouse and sewed up the door which had ripped. Whilst in there I found a really old rusty hanging basket chain and then got started thinking of the erosion project. I have combined ivy leaves, old guitar wires, winter berries, old rusty copper coins, washers and wrapped it all up in a piece of dyed cotton with the rusty chain and put vinegar on it. I have hung it up outside my now tidy greenhouse and will open it in April to see what has happened and later on will create an art piece with it. Here is the link to the erosion bundle project site for this year.

12 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

LOL!!! Just love the wildflower sign :)

Anonymous said...

Your bundle should come out quite nicely with all the bits you put in.
Vinegar eh, didn't think of that one.
xox Corrine

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Fab bundle! Glad not to be the only first timer!

Yvonne said...

Love your work here and will be checking out more of your posts soon. I am in the erosion bundle proj. this year too. Was in last year, but nothing happend and my daughters got washed away. LOL Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog and I will be following yours. Love collage and have wanted to do some more of it.

Becca said...

Oh you just reminded me of this! I would like to try it too. Not sure much interesting things happens to stuff in the dry old desert, but we'll see. Have a great weekend!

Luna Art said...

Intriquing...off to check it out!

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Can't wait to see what happens :)

Sid said...

Interesting mixture of things in your bundle Lorraine....wonder what you will find when you open it ?

Kris said...

Your bundle looks promising! Bet nature gives you some lovely eroded
items. Glad you joined the project!

Deborah said...

Great contents! I'm sure you're going to get great results!

Katie said...

Like you, I was wowed by the bundles and joined in this year. It's fun to see what folks are doing! Yours looks awesome dangling up there!

Unknown said...

I saw them too...it is a really cool project and I cant wait to see how yours turns out.....