Sunday 23 January 2011

Loving the process rather than the outcome...


I know this page has a powerful statement but I wanted to convey the important aspect of creating just for ourselves and not being put off by negative criticism from yourself or others. So many times we say to ourselves "I cant do it" but if we dont practise then we will never learn. I had a go at drawing my face yesterday but although the eyes and nose were ok..I just couldnt get the smiling mouth right but I know that if I keep practising I will learn eventually. For this milliande prompt we had to draw a heart then use words cut from magazines to add to it. I saw these words and just had to put them on the heart.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I like this especially the colours and the background.

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful piece and well said!

Jenny said...

so very true Lorraine... love your journal page... amazing what can be achieved with practice :)))

Jenny x

Lori said...

I agree with Jan, beautiful and well said, makes for a powerful page!

Beverley Baird said...

Very beautiful piece - love your heart and the message. So very true!

Lynn Stevens said...

A great use of color. Something I need to work on! and a powerful message!

Joanna said...

Great artwork with a powerful sentiment. Superb.

x

ps you said on my blog that I had a nice neat studio - ha ha ha! You couldn't see the chaos cropped out of the shot!!