Monday 2 May 2011

The saddest thing that befalls a soul is to lose faith in God and woman


I am taking part in the Art Journal every day..see the turquoise badge to the right. I might miss a couple of days but I am trying to journal when I can using interesting quotes I find usually in my I newspaper. I like the artwork of Traci Bautista and she has a red and turquoise challenge this week so had a go with these 2 colours today. I havent sketched faces for a while so took my little sketchbook to the ducky pond today..so while the kids were playing I sketched a quick face. Have added various painted papers and my fav pastels on top of this. Today's quote is by Alexander Smith and I especially like the "..and woman" bit!

Our current fav place to visit is the ducky pond we have been 3 times this week..its such a lovely place and here are my 2 youngest pretending to fish and watching the millions of tadpoles and the good thing is that its only a short bike ride away!

5 comments:

atelierlemonfrog.blogspot.com said...

hi lorraine, it´s funny.....on sunday i decided sponteanous to participate to art journal every day, too.... :-) try to do a little bit every day....but also think, i´ll miss some days....will post every 4 or 5 days, i think....

like your entry very much....the combination of colors is interesting....

have a nice evening...greets from germany.... sabine

Luna Art said...

Lovely crown on your lady and I really like the unusual colour combination, not normally colours you would think of to put together but it works! Love the photo of the duck pond, There is a lovely pond in the woods about a mile from my house where I like to walk the dogs. Its not big enough for ducks but there are loads of dragonflys. There is a little wooden jetty just like in your photo which I like to sit on and think my thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic journal page, love that color combination. Kids look cute at the ducky pond. Tadpoles everywhere here too. Soon the bullfrogs will be croaking. xox Corrine

Lori Saul said...

Oh I had to check back to comment on this gorgeous art journal page- it really caught my eye. The colors for sure but the quote and beautiful design just captured me...

Diane said...

Very cool--My favorite part is how your lady just stands out from the colorful page--very very good!