Saturday 14 January 2012

Quick Sketch by me and the kids..







We all watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid this morning which is a fantastic movie all about being yourself and not trying to be the school's favourite. I bought my sons some black journals and was so pleased when they all had a go at drawing. While they were drawing I did this quick sketch as I wanted to have a go at drawing a face looking sideways. Gary Reef has put a new group up in Loving Mixed Media which has the challenge of doing a painting or quick sketch every day..so trying to have a go at sketching daily..have a good weekend everyone

4 comments:

Unknown said...

daniel (grandson) absolutely loves the books. He relates to them as he isnt a sports kind of a kid. I love the sketches...sideways faces are challenging I think....Happy New year!

Luna Art said...

I have not seen this yet but it is on my kids list! Love your sketch and the boys sketches are great. My kids love to art journal with me, I think they just like getting messy with my stash! I also found that If I scribble my journalling quickly it looks so much better and fits in with the page, instead of spending ages trying to get it all neat and perfect! x

Unknown said...

You've got some great art on your blog-I've really enjoyed my visit!!

Diane said...

I think this is one of the best things that you can share with your kids--your passion. Love ALL of these sketches!