Sunday 12 February 2012

....seek inner calm


I am part of a European circle journal group which is a group of women who originally met on Milliande art community. I have been working on Tinas journal from Sweden. She is a stamp designer and has her own range of stamps which she is going to launch soon..here is the link to her blog where you can see her lovely range of Scandinavian stamps. Tina's journal theme is black n white with a touch of red..so here are my pages. They started off as blank white pages but I covered them with black paint and ink and a bit of gesso. The wording on the above page is "in the midst of chaos seek inner calm". Ihave drawn a face peeking out and the page has lots of layers with stencilled and stamped images and layered hearts and flowers.


I decided to make this page heart shaped with a fabric print of happy children with just a touch of red lace and red sewing around the fabric.


This is the sign in tag with one of my fav lost coast wacky images and I have layered it with paint and hearts too. I have stamped the image onto tissue paper first as the image is a lot clearer then over paint. I am posting this off to Mary on 1st March but wanted to make sure I had done it by then - as half term etc is next week with all my sons off school!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina, will LOVE those pages! Gorgeous work

Anonymous said...

You´re so right, Palma! I am LOVING those gorgeous pages- your work is imaginative, stylish and full of energy! Can´t wait to see it IRL!! How nice- Merci Beacoup <3

Love from
Tina in Stockholm

Mary said...

Oh No i'm next,what a act to follow.

Katie said...

I love the pages...and everything! The fabric photo is a neat touch. xo

Sandy said...

Wow your work rock Lorraine.
Great design. xoxo

Sid said...

I really love these pieces !

Pat Beaumont said...

it's not easy being restricted with colours but you've made excellent work of it

Martina said...

Lorraine, I truly enjoy seeing what you create, such a pleasure. Stunning pages!

Becca said...

So beautiful, and I love the "wacky" image on the tag!

Anonymous said...

The black and white is so bold. Send me some inner calm when you find it Lorraine! xox Corrine