Tuesday 19 June 2012

Little sheep cushion

I am hoping to go to Woolfest on Saturday which is a great wool show with llamas, sheep, wool, spinning, felting etc etc held up at Cockermouth in the Lake District.  So thought I would have a go at needlefelting today.  I love the colours of the wool tops that I used as they are very painterly..its so easy with needlefelting as if you make a mistake you just pull the wool off compared to paint!

I have made this little cushion from an old vintage blanket which I bought at the last Woolfest I went to.  Have added vintage lace and buttons too at the bottom of the picture which reminds me of my trips to Snowdon in Wales..love sheep dont you:)

5 comments:

Sid said...

Great felted cushion Lorraine. I have a friend going to Woolfest also but I can't afford the time to go.

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is beautiful! You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Hi looks good bring it along so I can see it on Sat. Rita

Lesley Ann Staples said...

I would love to try felting. Maybe soon. I have so many unfinished projects right now keeping me from doing it. But I do have a felting board on pinterest ready for when I have time.
I love what you did. Have fun at the show! :)

Heather said...

Beautiful work Lorraine, It looks so warm!