Tuesday 7 August 2012

time for a change

Decided to change the look of my blog so used craft artist to change the header and have used a bigger font for the layout..hope you like it!  It has been raining nearly every day here so we have had the odd hour out in the local woods..here is a layout of my sons and friend playing around in the mud last week..love craft artist as its so quick to do and you dont have to search for papers and embellishments everywhere!



It was my mum's 80th at the weekend and we had a bbq..luckily the rain stayed off for a bit.  I made her one of my needlefelted cushions and she loved it.  My mum is Welsh so wanted to capture the Welsh mountains and sheep.  I have also made one for my uncle who is getting married this week in Wales

 Mum and Dad delighted with her presents
 I found this wooden house at a charity shop ages ago so decorated it with papers and filled it with lots of interesting finds from my walks..shells, acorns, old tins and my collection of vintage cigarette cards
 My European Circle Journal returned this week so click here to watch my vimeo video of it. I am so pleased as it is full of superb layered art journal pages..big thanks to Palma, Mary, Trine, Letizia, Lynn, Vigdis and Tina.

.

Until next time...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is perfect. You are so artistic and you make everything just fine, clever you. Hugs from me

cathy jones said...

Love the look of the blog. I think change every now and then keeps things fresh, and change mine from time to time too...

bois-fleurie said...

I clicked on the yoga button and was very pleased I did so. Thanks for that.
I enjoyed reading your blog,its always interresting.

Lisa Graham said...

Your blog looks very very nice. Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Linda Vincent said...

Love to see all the variety in your artwork Lorraine. The cushions look so beautiful and soft...I just want to hug them! And your digital art has the wow factor without a doubt.... love that header!
Thanks for your very kind comments BTW - but especially one in particular (you know which one I mean ;-)
XX

Lesley Ann Staples said...

Love the new look! Great work. I love those pillows, I bet your mom just loved them. I always like personal gifts. I wish more people would give them. Cheers from the other side of the pond.

Sandy said...

Wow your blog LO is perfect Lorraine.
Perfect for you and I love it.
Your newest work is gorgeous. I love them all.
xoxo

Pat Beaumont said...

Well done for mastering digital art so well - love your new look blog And your layout and cushions I'm not surprised your mum loved her present - she will treasure it forever

Pat Beaumont said...

.........and enjoyed seeing your circle journal - bring it to mine next time so I can see it irl
..........and your charity shop looks great with all your treasures

Yvonne said...

Love the new look. Your cushions are lovely too. I'm glad to hear someone is getting rain. We are over 100 degrees F every day and no rain in months. Keeps me inside more and that is depressing.

Martina said...

Dear Lorraine, your art is fantastic and what a wonderful blog you have! Great!

Lisa Fulmer said...

your new look is fun - love all the digi layouts you're doing too!