Wednesday 6 February 2013

love playing around with paint


Made a little tag with some of the painted papers and found this heart stamp which I have stamped on tissue paper and added a little fairy which I got free from Lisas Altered Art..check out the heart theme over at Creavil
Over at the One Little House art site the paint what you see 2nd challenge is to first make backgrounds using just paint, ink and stamps..so had great fun this morning just messing round with paint and some foam stamps I found and my latest love a plastic palette knife....

Have started on a large messy canvas..I had this canvas lying in the shed and it was a very textured dark painting I had done for the Gary Reef site but I like to recycle canvases..so have started off just layering gesso, paints and ripped journal pages on it...dont know if it will end up back in the shed but it might turn into one of my best paintings..lol!

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow! They are all - from small tag to large canvas - stunning, Lorraine. Love the vibrancy of the backgrounds and painting.

Dagmar said...

Wow - it´s a great work - so beautyfull colors and the sewed edge - cool!

Alison said...

Hi Lorraine!
Your tag is beautiful, & I love your painty pieces!
Thanks for following my blog :)
Look forward to seeing you on Carolyn's workshop.
Alison x

Sid said...

Love the tag and the canvas Lorraine !!

SanDee1899 said...

You should definitely play more often just like this with colours the outcome ist absolutely marvelous - oustanding WOW
KR SanDee1899

froebelsternchen said...

wonderful tag and the canvas rocks Lorraine! FAB! yes indeed .. sometimes this is the key..to do a remake .... and it turns out to a very special piece! just FAB!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tag, love the colors and the sewing around the edges. Thanks for joining us at Creavil.

Rosie said...

Such a wonderful tag, Lorraine

Andrea said...

love it!