Monday 4 April 2011

Spring Felted Bag


Influenced by the blue muscari flowers in my garden I wanted to use my embellisher to make a felted bag. I have needle felted and also partly wet felted the backgrounds. I recently learnt how to crochet flowers so have added them to the front along with lots of stitching, scrunched sari ribbon and beaded lace. The bag is lined with some of my hand dyed purple material. The challenge over at Fiber Arts Mixed Media is "organic" so as wool is very textural and organic this is my piece for that challenge. Very happy with the way it has turned out. I recently bought some more needles for my embellisher and got some great ones from Arthur Ridley..recommend them as he is also a great fibre artist.

10 comments:

Art From The heart said...

Very pretty and looks like a lot of work.
Hugs, Amy

Anonymous said...

Bagaliscious wonderfulness. Love the felting. You are on a roll! xox Corrine

Pat Beaumont said...

Excellent combination of your talent - love your crotcheted flowers

Mary said...

You are amazing Lorraine the variety of items you create.

Donna said...

This is just Fabulous Lorraine! I love the felted fabric and the crocheted flowers. I learned about felting from an artist in England during the last OWOH giveaway.

You did a super job! It's a work of art. :o)

Rita A. said...

The bag is lovely. So springy.

Alison said...

Gorgeous bag Lorraine! The perfect Spring accessory! I love your crocheted flowers! xx

Luna Art said...

What a beautiful bag, love the crochet flowers on the front and your felting looks great, very organic and flow-e iykwim!

Jingle said...

This is so neat!

Kris said...

Love everything about this bag! Very creative you are.