Saturday 16 January 2010

"Spring Peace" fabric postcards



I think we are all fed up with the heavy snow ...I never thought I would enjoy seeing a downpour of rain yesterday but I was so glad that it washed away all the snow slush. I am looking forward to Spring and noticed some little crocus tips trying to poke through in the garden. I have changed my blog background too so its nice and fresh looking rather than wintery grey..

I made some more fabric postcards today using some lovely botanical stamps stamped onto fabric using dye inks. The backgrounds are made up of painted and printed fabric and images printed off on Claudine Hellmuths canvas sheets. These canvas sheets are really good as you can sew through the canvas and they are easy to put through the printer plus you can stick them anywhere as they are sticky! I have added some very mad wavy freestyle machine embroidery. I love adding some sewing at the end as it adds further interest..I dont think I will ever be a person who sews straight lines as I just like to sew wherever the needle takes me.....

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Stunning cards Lorraine.
Brilliant fabric work.

Hels Sheridan said...

....guess what?....

COR!!!!

:O))

Sid said...

These are gorgeous Lorraine !

rachel awes said...

oh lorraine, your fabric postcards are plush pretty!! lahahoove them!!

LME said...

Beautiful :)

Connie said...

I really like these. The theme is great too.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

What wonderful postcards, love everything that is going on here :)

Unknown said...

that is the best kind of sewing!!!!!!in my humble opinion anyway......