Monday 7 June 2010

create art mum tag...


I am following the workshops in the Artistic Mother group and this week I am up to the nametag workshop. I have made one for each of my family to hang up. I have just shown my one as not keen on showing photos of my sons on the net. I have used some watercolour board covered in stamped scrap papers and my new alternative to gesso wall tile adhesive! I distressed the photo slightly so that my hair looks as if it has got highlights. This photo was taken of me last summer knitting bags with cricket stumps and typically needing my messy fringe cut. I have punched the word mum with my new alphabet stamp punches into some dyed-painted lolly sticks and attached this with wire to a piece of bark I found last week at Delamere Forest.

18 comments:

E Makes Art said...

Beautiful tags. Great distressing on the photo, and I love all the layers. And the stamped popsicle stick on bark is brilliant!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

great tag :) love the lolly stick idae

Joanna said...

Beautiful tag, love the 'mum' label. And the fringe? Looks fine to me! Great picture. x

Sid said...

Super tags Lorraine !

Linda Vincent said...

Great tags Lorraine - and lovely to see a picture of you!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous tag Lorraine, love the background of stamped papers too....
Jenny

LME said...

Love the tags :)

Trudy said...

Love your mum tags! That's a great picture of you.

Caterina Giglio said...

looks like great fun!!

Martina said...

This tag is great, dear Lorraine!
And nice to see a pic of you!

Lori said...

What a fun project! And great pic, too!

Mandy said...

love themmm!!!xxx

Deborah said...

Love the shabby distressed look of these tags. Fab!

Donna said...

Lorraine..How pretty! I love it! You do look very pretty too. :o)

and Thanks so much for visiting and encouraging me. It meant a lot!

Unknown said...

I love it...cute picture of you too!

Pat Beaumont said...

this is a lovely photo of you Lorraine - I love the creative way you have assembled the tag

Shona Cole said...

Brilliant!!!

Joyce said...

These are so gorgeous. I like the organic feel to them.