Sunday 6 June 2010

everythings coming up roses (MMM floral)




All the roses are blooming in my garden now...I tried to cut them back a couple of years ago because of the thorns but they keep coming back! I really like the deep reds of the petals with the raindrops on the leaves after last nights storms. I have made a rose inspired card today using a new rose stamp from Scrollswork. Have added a little bird and a butterfly and some glitter on the petals to resemble rain. The challenge over at Mixed Media Monday is floral so check out the other entries too. Have found an interesting group on flickr called Echo which has a monthly prompt ..so have added this photo of red roses as the theme this month is rouge

14 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the bird AND the roses!

Sid said...

That stamp looks fab, great card !!

Lynn Stevens said...

very sweet,I can almost smell their perfume!
I have some of those same roses that no matter what I do they keep coming back. LOL

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. I love the bird with the crown.

Sandy said...

OMG this is really really beautiful.
Fantastic tribute.

Carin said...

What a beautiful card! Very nice! I'm surprised we have any flowers left after the torrential downpour yesterday afternoon!

Hermine said...

Its beautiful!

Connie said...

Awesome piece!!!

AlexaCzar said...

love the roses !!!

Pretty Widow said...

Sweet card - love the colour of your roses - so deep and rich!

Bumbershoot Designs and Supplies said...

Your roses are gorgeous and so is your card! I like the dimensional effect of the butterfly. ~Sharon

Janny said...

Beautiful, also the real one;o)

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

I am just dazzled by your lovely card! ... and the roses! I want to put some red roses in my garden this year too.
Inka :))

Diane said...

This is gorgeous, Lorraine! I especially love your little blue bird of happiness! Diane