Sunday 20 June 2010

Just lazin round in the sun..visiting my Dad


Today was Fathers Day and I visited my Dad who has the most fantastic garden see above. My garden is only small but when we have lovely weather there is nothing better than pottering about in the garden with my sons occasionally helping out. We planted out some of my fuschias and geraniums, put some strawberries in hanging baskets and planted some iceberg lettuce, radish and spring onion seeds. I am so glad I bought the greenhouse earlier in the year as it is giving my plants a good start as the cabbages we planted out havent been ate by slugs yet!!

So besides playing in the garden the current project I am working on is altering an apron. I have decided to use up some odd scraps of fabric that I tend to hoard! The next step is to do some free machine embroidery on the top then to add more layers with a pocket so will post another photo when its finished....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dad's garden looks marvelous. Looks like a great place to just sit and enjoy the view. The apron is fab, can't wait to see it finished.

Beverley Baird said...

Lovely garden!
What a great idea for an apron! Can't wait to see how you finish it!

Unknown said...

The garden is just grate. The apron is colourful and beautiful.:))

Crissi Harvey said...

wow your dads garden is amazing, The apron is looking fantastic already you wont beable to wear it though as it will get spoilt but it would make a really cool piece of hanging art

Lorraine said...

thanks for your comments..I will wear it as paint and ink spatters will had another layer..lol!

Angelnorth said...

Your dad's garden looks idyllic and I love the funky vibrancy of your apron project, fab stuff!

Lisa Fulmer said...

very cool apron!!