Wednesday 19 January 2011

who doesnt love elmo?


Another couple of my art journal pages for milliande.

We had to draw a favourite toy for this milliande prompt. I didnt really play with toys when I was a child but used to read books most of the time or play with craft kits..whats changed! I bought an elmo soft toy when my eldest was about 6 months old and this is still a favourite toy for all 3 of them 11 years later. We bought a talking elmo toy at a christmas fair but they didnt like that as much as the little soft elmo toy that has been in the washing machine several times but is still going..



For this one we were required to draw pears along with containers..I found this really difficult as with their mottled skin you couldnt really tell where the shading was..I preferred drawing the apple and the st johns wort and multivitamin containers..things that keep me happy! It was good to challenge myself though.

7 comments:

Luna Art said...

I Love Elmo!! My kids had the talking Elmo and they loved it! Great pages, love the school page with the ink blots and those cushions are looking fantastic! I will have to check out those art panels.

Unknown said...

I love both.....I was a huge reader as a kid too....I did love barbies though too.....

Minxy said...

Aw your elmo is awesome :D

Janet Ghio said...

Your Elmo is adorable. Is it painted or did you use neocolor crayons or what

Anonymous said...

I like your groovy fruit drawing there girlfriend. Like it, indeed. :)
Xx,
Amy

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow wow Elmo so cool.
Stunning pages again Lorraine. Brilliant job.

Pat Beaumont said...

Love your 'pears and containers' drawing - and of course Elmo is great