Wednesday 2 May 2012

lots of colour in the rain...

Its been torrential rain here recently but today the sun came out so it was lovely to have lunch outside today..
This is a journal page for the paired journal I am working on with my friend Pat. The theme for this journal is colour and texture and so its made up of lot of layers of paint, wax, sewing, etc etc and there is me sitting in the garden...

 Had a go at some mail art today..lots of paint, collage, sewing and wax....

 Decided to have a go at painting with warm paints and then dripping inks down the top...really fun doing this and quick..dont know what it will end up as but its great working on a big A3 size pad on my easel.  Below is a photo I took on my walk in the rain at the weekend to the nearby woods..isnt it beautiful with all the bluebells etc

18 comments:

SusanLotus said...

Beautiful pic of the bluebells and nature around them!

And I love your collagepages!

Happy creative week to you!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant journal pages Lorraine, the texture is incredible. Had to go in for a close up. xox

Jackie said...

Lovely :)

GlorV1 said...

Yes your garden walk is just beautiful. Wonderful journal pages as well. Have a great rest of the day and thank you for sharing your creative work.

Sid said...

Lovely pieces of art Lorraine, great A3 background begging to be finished !! Great bluebell wood pic too !

Unknown said...

Absolutely love how your journal is coming along - you are really getting to be a 'professional' at it now.

Lovely photo of the bluebell wood - they have been and gone here in East Anglia

Sandy said...

Wow Lorraine stunning pages again.
These are all brillaint. Wonderful work. xoxo

Yvonne said...

Love all your pages. And you have a great place to walk.

Luna Art said...

Beautiful work! Your pair journal is looking really great and I like the mail art you have done, especially the one on the right. x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work! You should do workshops especially on layers! Those are great and would have loved to have watched you work in them

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love all your colorful creations!I'm also a color and technique freak:-)
Hugs Anja

Hermine said...

Love the pages, grat colours

ParisMaddy said...

Bluebells and dripping ink--- beautiful imagery.

Madeline xo

Martina said...

Dear Lorraine, your garden walk is just beautiful and I love your journal pages! Stunning design!
Have a nice sunday.
Hugs
MARTINA oxo

Pat Beaumont said...

my journal is looking good Lorraine - I have done some work on yours but I'm not showing you...yet!

Plush Possum Studio said...

You have inspired me! I'm glad to have come by today.
I have wax and will try using some soon in my latest journal. Love your color use! Brilliant!
ANd your bluebells are absolutely dreamy.
Have a lovely week!
Rose

Carol Rigby said...

I have just come across your blog. Your work looks great. I like textiles and have recently become interested in mixed media. I look forward visiting again and seeing more of your work.

Lisa Graham said...

Wow your journal pages are amazing...I am loving the way the wax looks over the pages...wonderful color too!